Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Random Musing while Running

1. As I reached the round in the cul de sac I started thinking about knitting, which is a great thing to think about when your whole body is telling you that you need to die. When I was running all I wanted to do was grab some soft wool and start a huge pi shawl. Now that I'm home though, the current sweater is all that I need for entertainment. (That and season two of Buffy. Oy, what a show.)

2. When you run you are free from any suspicion. People look at you while your running and think "oh, just a runner, moving on." but if I were to go for a walk or something, people would look at me like I was pure evil casing out a robbery.

3. I don't have any socks on the needles. Odd that. I should correct that. I don't know about you, but I'm thinking larger gauge. (I told you, knitting and running, hand in hand.)

4. So far today I have had all the words to Dolly Parton's  "Working nine to five" stuck in my head. Things about pouring coffee, taking a shower, blood pumping, that sort of thing, and it's only ten o'clock. I guess it's going to be THAT kind of a day.

5. Now I have the urge to go off into a corner and boo-hoo my heart out. I guess that's what I get for listening to "Contemporary Christmas Carols for the Clinically Depressed"* There was this one about this guy who's girlfriend broke up with him on Christmas. And he's like all unemployed and can't afford food, and then he sold his only Christmas present that he got so he could buy her flowers. Just enough to push a giant sap like me over the edge. (Yup, definitely one of THOSE kind of days.)

*Made up name

No comments:

Post a Comment