Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I don't even like them

Not a lot of time to talk today, because it is the day before Thanksgiving, and I have to help my mother make Apple Dumplings today.

I don't know why or how I got roped into helping her. It may because I'm a sucker, or a nice person, depending on how you look at it. Let me tell you a few things though. A) These things are such a pain to make, I would sooner lick my kitchen floors clean. B) The few times we do make them, we MAKE them. I'm talking a couple dozen, giving them to everyone we know. I probably wouldn't quite dread making them so much if we didn't have to triple the recipe. C) There are a lot more steps to making these things than you think there is. Making them is as complicated a dance as the Virginia Reel, everyone has to know exactly what their doing, otherwise the whole thing falls to pieces. D) They require you to use a rolling pin. The only time I like to use a rolling pin is when I have to whack an intruder upside the head with one. I don't have a chance to do this very often because I don't see a lot of intruders, and if I did, I don't think they would wait for me to rifle through the pantry to find a rolling pin and, E) I don't even really like the things. I don't get it and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment