Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Sunday, November 20, 2011

Here's a pic of the scarf that I'm knitting to go with the hat that was off the needles a few days ago. It's in the same yarn, done in a lovely Basketweave. I tried to do kind of a slanting cable, but after an hours worth of knitting I had ripped it more times than I care to count. Basketweave keeps turning up more and more on the things I knit, and I don't know how I feel about that. It's a good pattern, and keeps me busy when I want to just knit, but simple enough to where I don't have to pay attention to it if I don't want to. The two are a match made in heaven, and it's rare to find a stitch that does that.


I'm very proud of myself that I managed to pull out another day's worth of content. Thankfully I've been working on all the Christmas knitting, so I at least have a little something to talk about. I think that this might be the first year where I'm not knitting for the holidays in the month of December.

And am I the only person who thinks that Christmas is coming a little to early this year. I mean they always push it a little to early, but this year it seems ridiculous. It's like they went straight from Halloween to Christmas. We should still be thinking about pumpkins and Pilgrims, not elves and snow.

Call me old-fashioned but I think we need to have AT LEAST a month between The Monster Mash and Jingle Bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment