Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Friday, November 25, 2011

Good Yarn, Bad Yarn

My mission in life, (besides taking down Hostess snack cakes) is to prove, to all knitters, once and for all, that there is no such thing as a bad yarn. There are yarns that are sub-par, not fun to use, and that are really more trouble than they're worth, but I still think that ANYTHING yarn-y is great in my book. There are yarns some don't like to use, and some that are not appropriate for somethings, but nothing that is instinctively good or bad. Feel free to disagree with me at will.

Now I've done all the easy stuff, wool and cotton, and the like, have been proven to me, as you probably, as fun, and good for a lot of things. Those I didn't really have to prove much, but I still feel like they deserve it, at least in my eyes. You can do lace in cotton, and it makes for the drape-iest swishie-iest shawl that I've ever knit. Now I'm on to some less that desirable fibers.

You know what I'm talking about. Acrylic, mid-eighties, in a particularly garish colorway. (But really, aren't they all a little frightening?)

So, here after I get the bulk of the Christmas knitting behind me, (that would be finishing the afghan) I plan to start a little top-down raglan with stripes that will hopefully help to temper the "Copper Kettle" color way.

I hope to finish up that blanket tomorrow night, maybe? Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment