Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nablopomo Done!!!

I did it, I posted every day for the month of November!!! I'm so proud, I didn't think that it would be that hard, but it was. I'm glad I did it, but I don't know if I ever will again. I don't know what I'll do now that I don't have to post every day, I'm in a little bit of a routine.

For the November goals. Wow, that seems like a long time ago, that I made those goals

1.Finish the Perfect Sweater.
Not done. All I have left to do is one front, and the sew up. I need to work on this one. After I finish all of my Christmas presents
2.Finish the Thoroughbred Sweater.
Kind of done. I just have a million billion few ends to weave in. I have wore it, and all the visible ends are woven in, so I am counting this one done.

3.Finish at least five dishcloths.
 Done. Some of them are scrubbies, but I count them because they are used to clean dishes.

4.Start and finish at least one baby anything.
Nope! What are you going to do to me, I didn't say that these things were mandatory. I think of these goals more as guide lines. Its not like anyone is going to die if I don't finish them. Knitting is a hobby after all, I say this kind of stuff to myself at least three times a day.

5.Finish at least two Christmas Presents.
Done. I have kind of lost track of how many presents I have done in this month. I can assure you that I have made over two, I just can't remember how many or which one. Oh, I did remember two of them, I swear that there was more than though. Number one was a pair of mitten for my Grandpa. Number two was this Firefly Scarf for my mother.

And Now for My December Goals.
1.Finish Dad's afghan
Piece of cake! As in it will be a piece of cake, that's not the pattern.

2. Make about three scrubbies.
The ones that I already gave away were all well received.

3.Finish all the stuff for my Swap partner.
This should be easy too. I just have like one and a half left to do. This has to be done by this weekend. If worst comes to worst I can just stay up really late Friday night.

4.Start and Finish Abby's poncho.
This, I'm not quite sure on. I've never made one before, so I don't know how long it will take.

5.Finish all of my Christmas mittens.
This will be a challenge, both pairs are Fair Isle. I am getting faster at this, but still not that fast. I have about one and a half done out of a total of four mittens. (two pairs, just to clarify)

This isn't a lot, But I want to achieve all of this so I'm not going to make any more. If I finish all of this, that means that I need to start to working on some of the WIPs that I have lying around here. I also would like to do some lace or a pair of mittens for myself. I only have one pair of plain mittens and I think that I need a nice pair for myself. Some spinning would be nice to do. I am almost done with that really pretty red roving.

No comments:

Post a Comment