Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's on my needles?

A much better question would be what isn't on my needles. I've got a lot on the go, but yet it feels like I've got nothing. All the projects, except one, are at the stage where they need a little counting, a little TLC and a little caring. I'm a little short on all those things at the moment. I'll do it, I'll just mutter bad things while I do it.

Anyway, here, in list format, you have my knitting. (Heaven help you.)

1. Finally, the knitting slipcover is on the needles, almost. Earlier today, I sat down and in a 45 minute episode of Buffy, I was only able to cast on 280, of the 350 that I need. I still can't believe this. I just can't. I can't believe that I need 350 (Well, I can, I just don't want to. I am going to cover 70 inches around). It's just unfathomable that I can't cast on 350 stitches in 45 minutes. I thought I could cast on ANYTHING in 45 minutes.

Tomorrow probably, I'll do a detailed post about my plans for this . . . bigness. That way, you can point out to me that it uh, might not have any relation to reality. I'll be lucky if I live to tell the tale at this one.

 
2. A pair of socks that haven't been seeing that much action. I work on them now and then, great for car knitting. I have to do a little counting so I can figure out where to put the toe. I need to get on these, I can't have too many pairs of socks.















3. The sweater that never ends. I'm actually working on this, and it's the one project that I don't have to count. I really am liking working on this thing, something that I never did before. I'm on the back of it, with one front and one sleeve finished. The sleeve cap doesn't look like it will really, uh, fit into the cap for it, but I think that is normal for set in sleeves. I'm prepared to fix and/or fudge it. This sweater might actually end. Not anytime soon, I started this thing in like June.

4. The Baby Surprise Jacket. I don't think that I've ever not had one of these things on the needles. Or at least it kind of feels that way. I still haven't sewn the (TWO!) seams on the other one, but I'll do them both at the same time. Don't ask me why, but I think it'll be a good way to put this thing to rest. I still love the pattern with this odd and deep love, but to be honest, I'm getting a little sick of it. I'm considering making the adult one (four times the knitting, four times the fun!) but that will be . . . later.

I want to do some color work soon too. I mean like Fair Isle, thought those mittens the Yarn Harlot is churning out seem to look pretty good as well.

1 comment:

  1. Really like the sock yarn! And you are so brave to confess all your WIP's. I won't even confess how many I have to myself!

    ReplyDelete