Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Thursday, January 5, 2012

Obsession: Spinning

 Over the past few days, this:

Became this:



An unknown amount of some unknown fiber, which will become a hat, pattern: unknown. Ever get the feeling that you're trying to draw your hand without looking at the paper, this whole hank of yarn was that feeling.

Now I'm working on two things, spinning some yarn that my cat tried to prep for me. (Hint: cats kneed things before they sleep) and then I'll ply it with some more of this fiber that I'm going to spin sock weight. Finally, a plan, however loose. I'll probably use that with some other sock yarn that I spun on the drop spindle earlier this year. (It was right after the dawn of pictures on this blog.)

The other thing that I am working on is clearing the deck of all those things that I'm working on. Really a lot less than I thought it would be. Just a sweater and then I'll be able to start the knitted upholstery of my dreams. (You read that right, I'm knitting slipcovers, more when I finally deem myself ready to start.)

No comments:

Post a Comment