Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just knitting

See full size image
That's all that's going on right now, just sitting up here in Ohio, knitting away. I finished the knitting on birch. Now all I have to do on it is crochet a contrasting border on it, weave in the ends, and give it a good wet block. The wet block will have to wait until I am more mobile to do it. The border and ends will be dealt with tonight (probably, I always think that I will get much more done than I do) and it will be destined for the big bag of stuff for my cousin who is having a baby in may. I loved knitting birch, but it was a little emotional for me to ever knit again. I had about 5 yards of yarn when I was done knitting, it was seriously close. I really didn't think that I would make it. But I did, I surprised everyone else by making it to. They were all wondering why I was so enthusiastic about finishing something that was A) not for either me or them and B) It was a shawl, no one here appreciates a good shawl. I love it though, but I know that I will love it more when it is wet blocked. It was made out of this label less acrylic that was kind of a Burgundy color. It reminded me of Autumn leaves. A wonderfully fun knit, while it was a really rocky start, it had a smoooooth, smooth finish.
(Image Coutesy of Google Images) (I just thought that you could use a pretty Autumn scene)
From the moment I cast of the last stitch from birch, I was immediately seized by the thought, "now what" which happens to me quite often. So I turned to my thoughts (uh oh) and started to design this sweater that has been in the back of my mind for quite some time. It uses this boucle yarn that I got from goodwill about a year ago. Its Reynolds Katsura (like that means anything) I know that it's pretty old, but all in all I really like it. 15% mohair, 19% wool, and 6% nylon, 100% lovely. I don't have quite enough of this yarn for a whole sweater, so I'm using Red Heart Super Saver in some dark red that isn't to bad for Red Heart Super Saver. I started this cardigan with a garter stitch border. I'm not sure whether to have raglan sleeves, or set in sleeves. I think I will just wait until I get there, then just decide then. It will have a jewel neck and will hopefully look very bohemian and earthy. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment