Welcome to the blog of a young male knitter!



Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Halloween Miricle

I have got great news. Really great news. Some news that makes me weep salt tears of joy. This sweet, sweet, joy. (Really, if something this small gives me joy, I can only imagine what I'll feel when I get offered my dream job as a book writer. Joy in the small things)

I finished the Christmas socks. Let's have us a crappy little look see. (I lost a camera war) (I think I may need to learn a few new war tactics.)

Never mind. My joy was sucked up by my computer's inability to do what I command it. I don't know if this was machine error, or operator error. Probably a little bit of both, Sigh.

I swear, I just get a little bit ahead and then the universe smacks me like an overcooked pancake. Grr!

But on the bright side, whether or not you were able to see them, the Christmas Socks our done (if only the word socks could be the word knitting).

So tonight I will be casting on for a little knit a-long that I'm doing with some of the Wednesday night knitters. We're all making the Baby Surprise Jacket. (I apologize to those of you who grow tired of the Zimmermann. You may want to stop reading, I think I'll be on this for a while.)

I'm a touch short on babies at the moment, but Tracy (one of the knitters) isn't. She is awash with babies. Tracy is one of those knitters who aren't really sure of themselves, so I'm knitting it along with her, just in case she runs into trouble. She was fairly certain it would happen and asked me how late at night she could call me. Ann is having a grandchild, so she's making a boatload of baby stuff this is just a drop in the baby knitting hat. Denise is knitting it too; she's also short on babies (who's fault is that?) but she likes to have fun.

And in the next few days I will probably cast on some new socks for me. I'm thinking large weight, and heavily cabled.

The V-neck Aran is at the armhole, and and the right one is done, and the left one is almost done. I'm loving this so much that I don't even care if it fits. Except that I do, and I hope it does. So far all signs point to yes, but I'm not holding my breath. You know how it goes. You knit till you turn blue, and then it doesn't fit. Sigh.

I'll try again with pics tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I dream of doing the BSJ but am hesitant. What if I mess it up? Make sure you beat your camera into submission once you're done knitting the BSJ so we can ooh and aah!

    ReplyDelete